I am passionate about working with You!
I am a Clinical Psychotherapist, Licensed Mental Health Counselor and professor of psychology.
Her professional experience includes assisting children, adolescents, and adults through a variety of mental, emotional, and sexual health challenges.
As a skilled professional, she integrates clinical expertise with compassion, dedication, love, laughter, understanding, and encouragement in order to provide enriching experiences of healing and transformation.
Dr. East tailors her therapeutic approach to the individual needs of each client. She uses standard cognitive-behavioral techniques that address unhealthy feelings, emotions, and behaviors by challenging faulty beliefs and practices. She also integrates modern, multi-faceted approaches focused on building emotional intelligence and cultivating skills for continued healing and personal development. Dr. East provides support and honest feedback to assist individuals in solving and managing current problems, as well as identifying and challenging long-standing patterns. With sensitivity, love, and compassion, Dr. East works to help clients discover their own inherent strengths and build new ones; she assists clients in setting and reaching their goals for a better life.
Dr. East was recently featured on The Therapist Experience podcast.
Check it out below:
- Doctorate Degree in General Psychology – Capella University
- Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling – Argosy University
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology/ Sociology – University of Central Florida
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the state of Florida: License No: MH10595
Professional Memberships & Community Outreach:
- Suncoast Mental Health Counselors Assoc. (SMHCA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Alliance on Mental Issues (NAMI)
- United Way
- Goodwill Industries Charitable Contributions
Located at 3831 Tyrone Blvd. N.Suite 201-E St. Petersburg, FL 33709
Call me today; I look forward to hearing from you! (424) 341-3278